RUTLAND REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
The Executive Director of the Regional Planning Commission shall be responsible for administering the policies of the Board, planning and implementing the programs of the Commission, and working with diverse groups of community stakeholders, municipal, state and government agencies.
Master's degree or equivalent in community planning and development or related field.
Minimum 6 years related experience in the following:
- Planning, public administration.
- Program or project development, implementation and management.
- Budget formulation and management.
- Human resource management.
- Vermont land use issues.
- Vermont planning processes at the local and state levels.
- Grant writing.
- Proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment.
- Understanding of GIS as a key planning tool.
- Knowledge of web site design and social media.
Candidates are also expected to:
- Understand complex regulations and issues.
- Present ideas and findings, clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Maintain effective working relationships with people and agencies in problem-solving, program development and implementation.
- Represent the Commission and the interests of member communities with state and federal agencies, other regional groups, citizen organizations, the media, and the general public.
- Attend off-site meetings and public hearings, including many evening meetings.
- Develop and maintain a positive work environment.
- Be flexible in scheduling and use of personal transportation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To apply, submit a one-page letter of intent, resume or CV, and a list of three professional references to email@example.com by June 15, 2014. Applications are also welcome by mail to Frederick Nicholson, Rutland Regional Planning Commission, PO Box 965, Rutland, VT 05702. Please include how you know each refrence and their contact details; you will be notified before references are called.
The position salary range is open and dependent on qualifications. The expected hiring range is $70,000 to $85,000 annually. As a reference, please note that the median salary for regional planning directors in Vermont is $80,000.
Address questions by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call.
The employee must be a U.S. citizen or an alien lawfully authorized to work in the United States. RRPC is an EOE employer.